I enjoy things that serve a purpose. Clever ideas to simple problems. HudCraft here is a texture pack that caught my attention.Along with the smooth, solid color wool and storage blocks (iron, gold, diamond, and emerald) is the main feature of the pack, the pumpkin. Normally when you put a pumpkin on your head you find yourself mostly in the dark and looking out through the eye and mouth holes. HudCraft’s view from inside a pumpkin is a set of lines, numbers and dots. Sounds thrilling right? These handful of lines, numbers and dots would be useless to the common caveman but they are formatted in such a way that allows you to judge distance between you and a target block or mob. This configuration goes even further to give you the height at which, corresponding to the distance you are from the target, to aim your bow. All it takes is a little know how a pumpkin and you’ll never miss again.
HudCraft Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Main features
- Pumpkin GUI for distance finding and improved bow aiming
- Solid color wool blocks for use in things like pixel art
- Cleaner, more transparent glass
- Simpler redstone design
- Transparent GUI so you can see the creeper sneaking up on you when you’re in your inventory
- New block breaking animation
- More visibility when set on fire (Fire takes up half of what it normally does when you are burning)
- Connected texture support for storage blocks and glass
How to use HudCraft Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
It is a texture pack so all you have to do is select it from your resource packs list once you’ve installed it. If you need clarification on how to use the pumpkin GUI target finding, there are pictures that outline the basics here
HudCraft Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- Pros: This whole pumpkin GUI thing is something i’ve never seen before. It certainly is an original concept. The connected textures support along with the solid color wool makes for a pixel artist’s dream. The pack changes just enough and doesn’t try to be anything more than a few fixes to annoying characteristics of the default textures.
- Cons: I can’t find anything wrong with this pack. All around it is a good little feature to add to your game.
How to Install HudCraft Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
- Download the pack from the link provided
- Open Minecraft and navigate to your resource packs list
- Open your resource packs folder and drag the pack from your downloads folder into it
- Select it from the list and enjoy
Minecraft Mod Emerald X-Ray Resource Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 (20.05.2014) MineCraft Free Mods Texture Packs Map Skin Tools Seeds Download.